Monday, July 6, 2015

Too long - too dry

Greetings -

I'm wrting, as many of you knw, in Midland, Texas.  Patti was called to serve a ministry here last August and we we packed it up and mocved out here.  Things are going very well for Pat. She is happy and flourishing in her position and is joyously serving Him in serving them.  I am very proud of her and for her.

I, on the other hand, am working a minimum wage type job far below my abilities and skills.  It seems that God has a diferent plan for me now and it's tough waiting to see how He willwork things out.

However - apart from missing our "family" back in Greensboro very very much we are doing well and being blessed.

I thought of writing about the "trails" involved in our move but time has numbed many of the aches we went through.  What seemed so major at the time has shrunk to a more realistic perspective as time has passed.  But none-the-less, our move has not been without its moments.

We have learned a great deal about ourselves and about others as we have worked to settle into Midland.  WE have learned many of our strengths and a lot of our weaknesses,  /we have earned where we are in need of extra grace and where we have a super-abundance of grace.

WE have also learned how dear our famiy back in Greensboro IS to us and how we never really realized that until now.  We have learned, threough the move, that God's people are incredible sources of means and strength and courage in our lives.  We have also learned how ti "miss" people in a healthy was, celebrating the connection without getting all morose about the distance between us.

This is my second "start" on the blog from Midland and I hope it is a true start.  Last time I startedI found I didn't have anything to say.  Hopefully God has taught me things I can share with you as I begin again.

Greetings of all our frinds and famiy out there and we hope to be a blessing to you and be blessed by you in the coming days.

Michael and Patti

No comments:

Post a Comment