Thursday, April 11, 2013

Stand up - stand firm -- yeah, I dare you :-}}}}

041113

Was just reflecting on how things seem to be going for followers of Christ in our country and, well - things just don't look too good.

Oh, please, know that trials and tribulation are all in god's hands and we have every reason to stand fast - but when gov't officials see "bible believing" Christians as a threat - well we need to prepare.

No, we don't need guns and bullets - get a grip guys - we need His strength to love those who have chosen to be our enemies and to vilify and even oppress us.

Here's a version of a poem that is worth our considering:

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.
When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.
When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.
When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.
When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.
That "they" will come for us is no nut-ball idea.  They have been and will escalate their opposition and attacks and once started - it's all "down-hill."
Well, I want to make a statement of where I stand and who I serve.  I want to get out ahead of the curve and make it plain I am His and will remain so.
Now - history shows us that when a group of people are targeted for vilification they are typically made to wear some symbol that identifies them as members of the unacceptable group.  Well, I've picked mine and suggest you follow suit - let's start something!!

With heartfelt apologies to my Irish friends (especially my wife) I have chosen what has long been the symbol of the Irish Easter rising.  The lily.
The lily has long been a symbol of the resurrection - and with all the respect I can muster for the symbol of the cross - The resurrection is something we all too often just think of once a year.  BUT without the resurrection, the cross was just a killing.

So, I am ordering a lily pin (maybe a couple) and i intend to wear it prominently.  they can be found at  http://www.sinnfeinbookshop.com/easter-lily-metal-badge/


Year - it's the Sinn Fein folks but I doubt my $7 is really gonna be used for something bad.  If you find a more comfortable source - let me know.

Why not just wear a cross?  Well - there are just too many nut jobs out there that have abused it until it's message is lost in the mix.  And besides, I want to make it plain that i believe:

Now if Christ is preached, that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? But if there is no resurrection of the dead, not even Christ has been raised; and if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain. Moreover we are even found to be false witnesses of God, because we testified against God that He raised Christ, whom He did not raise, if in fact the dead are not raised. For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised; and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins.  (1Co 15:12-17)

Will you join me in this?  



No comments:

Post a Comment