Thursday, October 3, 2013

An reminder in other words 100213

Oz Guiness wrote;
"Invisible, unimaginable, unmanipulable - The God of Sinia is the One before whom all hearts lie open and no secrets are hidden, the One before whom all other authorities, loyalties, allegiances, and accountabilities rapidly recede into a distant second place."

For we believers this is a, "yeah duhh!"  But it is also a fact that we allow the business and buzy-ness of our lives to obscure.  Though we know it is true we so sadly fail to live this truth moment by moment.

I know it is easy for me to become so caught up in "my thing" that I forget that all of "my thing" must be determined by a focused and intentional appeal to Him and His Word and Spirit.  I am not my own - bought I am - indeed a slave to Christ.  Yet I find it all too easy to default to my own thinking apart from His direction.

As I eat and drink food and fluids to sustain my body soul I must eat and drink of Him to sustain my soul.  We are too prove to attempt to live malnurished and dehydrated lives for Him.  Actually, when we do this we are not living for Him as much as we are living for ourselves.

We are always on the edge of "paganizing" our God making Him pliable and portable, a creation of our own lusts and desires, wants and wills.  That's why statements like that above are so important.  The proclaim the truth and admonish us in "other words" and perhaps - just perhaps these "other words" will drive us back to The Word and the disciplines He has blessed us with for our growth, our conformity to the likeness of His Son.

I'm just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment