Saturday, October 12, 2013

Principles for the journey 101013

S. Ferguson draws the following list from John Flavel's work, The Mystery of Providence.


  • God is in control of His universe.
  • God is working out His perfect purposes.
  • God is not my servant.
  • God's ways are far more mysterious and wonderful than I can understand.
  • God is good - all of the time;  I can trust Him - all of the time.
  • God's timetable is not the same as mine.
  • God is far more interested in what I become than in what I do.
  • Freedom from suffering is not part of the promise of the Christian gospel.
  • Suffering is an integral part of the Christian life.
  • God works through suffering to fulfill His purpose in me.
  • God's purposes, not mine, are what bring Him glory.
  • God guides me by enabling me to read His Providence through the lense of the Word.
  • I have few greater pleasures than tracking the wonders of God's ways.
Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment