Monday, February 3, 2014

Melacholy - 020314 After morning blessings 10:00am

I am melacholy
But not without my uses

I can work within it
When I don't try to make excuses

Where is God in all of this?
Yep!

God is in all of this!

I am melacholy
Because
He has allowed it
Maybe He made it happen

But

What's important
Is that
In it
I have certain affinities
And insights
And abilities
I never would have
Without it

Again,
We all want to see a miracle
But we don't want the need of a miracle

We don't want to be blind so we can receive our sight
We don't want to be lame so we can walk
We don't want to be lepers so we can be cleansed

We don't really want to NEED a miracle

What we want to is to be OK
And get a miracle to get BETTER

We don't understand the usefulness
Our affliction brings
And that's understandable
Just not acceptable

Few know the vanity of life like we do
Few know the alure of the flesh like we do
Few know the pride of life like we do
Few know their sin like we do
SO
Few know their deep deep need of Christ
Like we do

Few get to know God or themselves - or others
Like we do

No comments:

Post a Comment