Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Melancholy 020414 Help

Melacholy isolates.  Isolation is not good.
But it"s tough to be in groups when one is afflicted with melacholy.

Their funny isn't funny.
Their sadness is too much.
Their smiles are frightening.
Their happiness is sorrow.

Everything is twisted into a knot of pain and darkness.

But - isolation ins't good.

We need each other.

Just being with someone
Quietly
Tenderheartedly
Compassionately
Just being with someone can help

The temptation though is to try to "fix" the melancholy
Resist that

Encourage using tangible things
Simple things
Avoid the high and lofty.

Read then scripture
Gentle scripture
Tender scripture
Read softly
Lovingly

Once, when I was in a particularly tough time I found that emails, texts and even brief phone messages were powerful tools.  I was alone but not forgotten.  People were praying for me thinking of me even rooting for me.  It made a quiet simple difference.



No comments:

Post a Comment