Saturday, February 1, 2014

The Hell of Melancholy 020114 4:39 AM

Another day
Gotta live it
He woke me up to it
There must be a reason

Wanna believe that
More than I do
That He has a reason
For my being alive today

I've seen it
Even in the dark
In the cold
So cold my breath freeezes

But what
Will He do
For me
Selfish, selfcentered, self-absorbed
Me

The affliction
Inside
And outside
The circumstances
Create a vaccuum
In my heart

OK so far
But I know
Not much further

Devotions
HA
Seem hollow
Contrived
But
They are all
Of the little
I have
Doing
Just doing
Must sometimes
Be enough

"If only"
Meatloaf was right
"The loneliest words you'll ever know,
If only-if only it was so."

Another day
Things to do
Things for Him
Or I'd not be.

Goooood morning
This is WHOPEless radio
Playing in your head
With all the new hits
To get you threw the day

Stay tuned
More darkness and despair to come

Note to the reader:  There are a few magical moments in the morning where the tide is our and one does not feel like they are drowning.  Those with afflicted souls have t grab those moments and get as close to God as they can becasue they know that this is the time - low tide - when they can steak; that sense of His closeness and the truth of the Gospel and maybe  just maybe catch a glimpse of the joy they knew and yet know is there.  But you gotta be "rabbit quick."

No comments:

Post a Comment