Monday, March 11, 2013

Be prayed for -

I just want to take a little of your time to encourage you to get prayed for.  I know, sounds kind of weird.  But it is not only part and parcel of the life of the Body but it brings with it surprising blessings.
I had a dear brother pray for me today.  We talk on the phone a couple of times a week keeping one another accountable and encouraging each other.  Today he said he wanted to pray for P and I.  So, over the phone, he did.
OK, when this happens you kind of think you know what's going to be said - right?  Well, not always.  As I listened to his prayer I grew more and more amazed at his words.  It was perhaps the deepest and clearest prayer I've ever had prayed for me.
Oh, he toughed the tough stuff and the needs but then it seems the prayer became deeper.  I won't go into details but I found myself deeply touched and greatly convicted.  He prayed for things I wouldn't have thought of - for needs I had not examined - for things I just skimmed in my prayers.
Was God leading his prayer?  I can see no reason to think otherwise.  Actually I have good and grateful reasons to believe God's hand was in it.  No, it was not a weird prophecy prayer.  Rather it was a prayer that cut right to the chase and it cut deeply.  It was a wonderfully wounding and strengthening prayer.  I was, as the British say, "gob-smacked."
Do you have someone who can pray for you and with you deeply?  Is there someone with whom you don't flinch when their prayer goes deep? 

Let me encourage you to ask God to bring into your life brothers and sisters who will pray for you deeply an for who you may do the same.  Certainly we can and should do much to encourage and help one another - but prayer is the greatest thing we can and may do - let's pray we find the people and places for which to do it.

Father, don't let me be afraid of seeking deep and pointed prayer from my brothers and sisters.  Bring me those with who and for whom I may pray openly and honestly and who will reach into my heart and lift up my needs as well.  Father let us not avoid Your throne of grace, the opportunity to seek You and Your provision for one another.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment